Guide for Young Women that are Worried about Their (Skinny) Appearance
I remember as a very young girl, how my grandmother would make a big deal over my weight. “You might snap in half like a twig, if you don’t eat more”, she would say. I would love visiting my grandma, it was an all day “Eat ‘O’ Thon” Cakes, pies, potatoes and steaks, she would throw everything in front of me and I would eat it all up, but I didn’t get fat.
This continued for years, until she finally gave up and said, “I guess you have a fast metabolism”, or “Some girls just cant get fat”. It never really bothered me, I never even gave it a second thought. I knew I was very thin, but when you’re that young, you don’t care about those things, you just want to eat sweets and play.
It wasn’t until I got into my mid teens and boys started to matter. I started to feel uncomfortable and could never find clothing that I could fill in. If I wore anything tight, I looked like a rail. Baggy clothing and sweats was all I could wear without being self conscious, but that never looked attractive and I didn’t want to be a TomBoy.
It’s My Fast Metabolism
I’m so skinny because of my metabolism, at least that was my excuse. It was like no matter what or how much I ate, I could never put on weight. I’m skinny and have a fast metabolism, so what can I do?
Around the age of 18 I decided to get more involved in nutrition and health and studied everything on the subject. I tried everything from tips to slowing down my metabolism, to eating more fattening foods, even sleeping all day to conserve calories. I almost decided to completely give up, that when I realised, everyone has it all wrong!
The truth is, Eating Fat can make you skinny, Exercises can make you fat and calories are just a small part of the equation!
What’s going on here, was everyone wrong? Did my grandmother have it all wrong, no, not completely. For most girls, eating more makes them fat, but for some of us, it can be a little different and the speed of your metabolism does not make a difference. Here is four words to remember:
Those four words are the key to not only gaining weight, but also getting a fatter butt, thick thighs and flattening your belly at the same time!
How a Skinny Girl Put Weight On
At that time, I was still experimenting, but it was starting to pay off. At first, my body weight dropped, but I noticed something I never noticed before, I had a small butt. I went from the silhouette of a straw to some curves. It wasn’t much at first, but it was enough for me to keep going. I hit the gym 3 to 4 times a week and started to regulate my diet.
It wasn’t that much longer that guys started to take notice. When I walked past my old guy friends, they would almost stair at my hips the entire time and I ever caught them looking at my butt. Some would even just come out and ask, “ How did you get your butt so big and round”. Yes, the changes were that profound.
Skinny Girl Genes
Your genes don’t really matter, I’m part Ukrainian, part Asian, talk about skinny girl genes. Ukrainian girls are tall and skinny, Asian girls don’t gain weight almost at all. But here I am, destroying the mold. Don’t let your genes become your excuse, we can all have a great figure, any figure.
- If you want a bigger Butt, you can have it.
- If you’re skinny and want to fatten up, you can
- If you want to change your Butt shape, Go for it
It’s amazing, how our bodies can adapt to nutrition and environment. It’s almost as if your can sculpt your body into any shape you desire. There is no such thing as a “Skinny Gene”, it’s just an excuse and so is the “Fat Gene”.
My first tip is to read this blog, it’s full of great advice, exercises and supplements for girls like us. Its advice I give my clients, friends and family. It works and I have an army of girls that I have trained to prove it. But if I had to sum it all into a short list, this would be it.
Calories Don’t matter as much as you have been lead to believe. Although, you can’t gain weight without increasing calories, Macronutrients are the key to shaping your body. It doesn’t matter if you want to get fatter or thinner, you can manipulate your macros to make it happen.
- Exercise can help you lose or gain weight. I don’t just mean muscle weight, you can get fat from working out as well. I know it sounds crazy, but your butt will never get a jiggle unless you train it to. Exercise can direct your body to store energy reserves, a.k.a fat, water, glycogen, where you want it.
- Insulin should be respected. Insulin is essential to any growth, respect it. Don’t go on sugar binges and expect anything good out of it. Insulin is the trigger to fat gain, loss and muscle growth. It plays a key role in all hormonal responses, including leptin.
- Avoid junk food at all costs. I don’t just mean sweats like cake or soda. I also mean fast foods, low quality processed foods (Microwave-ables) as well as anything that comes out of a plastic/cardboard/metal container. These foods not sold with nutrition in mind and can through your hormones out of whack. Estrogen is what give us girls our curves. Junk / low quality foods are full of hormones and plastics that block or trigger natural Estrogen production.
- There are supplements that work!, CB1 is one of the best and safest weight gainers out there. You can add it to your supplement stack to assist in weight gain. The best part is that CB-1 won’t make your body explode unnaturally, but it will speed your natural weight gain and get your booty a little fatter.
So, are You too Skinny?
The truth is, it doesn’t matter. Your weight doesn’t make a difference, as long as you’re healthy. What does matter is, are you satisfied with your appearance. Are you comfortable being you or do you want to transform you body. You can do it, it’s up to you.
You don’t have to settle with your current weight or body shape. You can change it anyway and any time you want.